Tuesday, August 14, 2012

1st Anniversary Get-Away Adventure! (Day 1)

Wahoo!!! I'm so excited to tell about this last weekend!! As all of you know, Moydie and my 1st Anniversary was yesterday, Monday the 13th of August!! So what did we do? We high-tailed it out of Provo Friday night and we didn't come back until we absolutely had to (last night lol). 
We had such a blast! I was actually super sad to come back . . . which is weird because usually I'm ready to come home to our wonderful, expensive bed lol.  Anyways . . .
This get-away was a suprise . . . Moydie and I talked about what we wanted to do for our Anniversary and then we narrowed it down to three places we wanted to go and when.  The choices were St. George, Moab, or Las Vegas.  I have never been to any of these places before so I was game for any of them!
Then it was Moydie's job to plan it.  Let me tell ya, he did a fantastic job!
We left Friday night after dinner and Moydie was bugged mercilessly about where we're going.  The crazy kid didn't let me know until we got to our destination! (But I had a hunch that it was going to be St. George). 
At 10:30 that night, we pulled into the driveway of the cutest little house ever!! Yep! We were staying in Moydie's parent's vacation home in St. George!! Wahoo!! I was so excited!! I was in the process of telling Moydie what a great job he did and how much fun we're gonna have, when all of a sudden, he groans and is saying "oh no" to himself a lot.  At first I thought it was an act, but then I realized he was serious.  He had left the key to the house in Provo. 
Terrible, huh?!
Well, lucky for us, his parents had hid a spare key and our adventure wasn't ruined. 
After we got everything into the house, it was present-time!!!  Wahoo!!  My favorite!!
Moydie gave me my present first which he had somehow snuck all the way to St. George without me knowing . . . (he had been telling me the whole way that he hadn't gotten me a present yet and that he was going to have to stop at a gas station to get me one on the way lol) 
When I opened it, I screamed in delight and didn't know whether to call it the fattest or the cutest thing I had ever seen!! So I called it both and it was the cutest, fattest, stuffed kitty cat that I had ever seen!! We named her Bacon. 
Then Moydie opened his present and boy was he suprised . . .
I got him 3 vintage comic books!! (Yep! From 1963 :))  He got The Avengers, Captain America, and Spiderman!  He was way excited to read them.  And we read them all over our amazing Anniversary weekend. 
 Look at how happy and handsome he is!
 Look at cute little Bacon!!
Aw!! Love us!!
To be continued . . .

2 comments:

  1. Aww I love the cat. He's cute! Can't wait for the next part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MOYDIE! is cuter than the cat ... but it does provide a good comparison :) You two are amazing!

    ReplyDelete