Saturday, May 11, 2013

There Are Miracles!!!


 
I don't want to be romantically obsessive or anything, but Moydie and I are close . . . real close.  So close in fact that when I go on trips with the BYU XC and Track team without him, I miss him real bad and I love to call, text, and send him pictures of our trip.

On the morning of May 8th, Moydie was taking me down to the Smith field house to drop me off for our trip to Princeton University for the ECAC Conference Championships.  We were talking in the car about calling each other as much as we need to and we had agreed to always have our phones with us, turned up loud.  (Sometimes Moydie can't hear or feel his phone, so I had gone through it and turned everything up the day before lol).  He dropped me off and we kissed (a lot) and said goodbye.  Then I'm off to the locker room to pack. 

After 10 min, I'm all packed and I'm making sure I have everything I need when I reach in the bottom of the bag I brought from home and I find Moydie's phone.  Oh crap. 

The night before, we had been at band practice and during practice he always gives me his phone to hold onto so it's not bulging in his pocket getting in the way of his guitar playing. 

I had forgotten to take it out and give it to him. 

Uh oh . . .

I frantically started thinking of ways to get it to him.  I figured it would be safe in our track secretary's office and that I'd just email and facebook Moydie to tell him where it was.  I didn't even know when he would realize he didn't have his phone . . . he's not real connected to it.  I ran and put my stuff on the bus and then ran to Ann's office to put Moydie's phone safely there and then I ran onto the bus to jump on my computer to send Moydie all these frantic messages. 

Right after I had sent the first message, I heard one of the girls on the bus with me yell, "There's Moydie!" I looked out the window and what did I see? My Handsome Husband looking for me!! I ran off the bus into his arms and then I dragged him into the office to get his phone and the earth started spinning again lol.  I was so happy! I asked him how he knew and he said that when he first went home he tried to find his phone and he couldn't and then he remembered that I had put it in my bag and that I still had it!! Dang, my husband's good! He was so worried about me, thinking that if he couldn't find his phone, that I would have a miserable trip.  Well thank goodness there is someone looking out for us.  I really believe that Heavenly Father helped Moydie think to look for his phone immediately and then realize it was with me and come screaming back right before we took off.  There was a reason Coach Shane was late for the bus that day.     

4 comments:

  1. Aaaaw! That's so sweet! I'm glad everything worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beautiful little blessings like this can make the biggest impact in our day to day living. Heavenly Father really is a FATHER, not just some distant omnipotent being. He really does love us and take care of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you 100% :) I hope everything is well with you girl!! I miss you!!

      Delete