Sunday, May 19, 2013

Emily is My Sister and She is Awesome!!!

My little sister Emily is a freshman in high school this year and she is the coolest!!
She was able to place 33rd at State XC and she played varsity in basketball this year, too! 
She qualified for State Track, too, of course!
She's the key member of two relays.  The sprint medley and the epic 4X400. 
Since I wasn't busy this weekend, I decided to go because quite frankly, I needed to be there for her!  It was a huge surprise! I arrived about an hour before they were going to run the prelims for the medley and so we went to go find her to say hi and good luck before they raced and holy cow, she was so surprised! She kept saying, "What are you doing here?!" Lol :) Here's a pic my mom snuck of the surprise . . . sadly, you can only see my hair, but it's the thought and memory that counts right?

They performed well in the sprint medley, but sadly they didn't qualify for the finals.  Here's some of her teammates in the tent ready to run. . .
It was so cool to watch my sister run! She was the anchor on the medley and she was a fighter! She passed two girls before the finish line and she was flying!
The next day they had the prelims for the 4X400. 
It was the most perfect race I have ever seen!
Karlee started and she got us into fifth place!  Then she handed it off to Emily who took off like a jackrabbit and passed three girls!! Before any of us knew it, they were in 2nd place and Emily was going after that first place girl.  Emily handed it off to Taylor and that girl ran tough and kept us in second.  Taylor handed it off to Miranda and she held all the girls off until right at the finish line when a girl came up on her.  They placed 3rd in the prelims with a 9 second pr!!!  They were qualified for the finals on Saturday which meant they would be able to get a medal, stand on the podium, and get the only State points for the girls side of the team!! 
Here's Emily getting ready to run her leg on the 4X400! I was so nervous!!! Lol :)
Here they are after the race; so excited that they qualified!!!!
 Oh the crazies lol :)
Gotta love 'em! :)
The next day, the girls ran another tough 4X400 and they got 7th at State!! They all got medals!!! Wahoo!!! I'm so proud of them!!







No comments:

Post a Comment