Friday, July 13, 2012

Wednesday's Proud Dinner

On Wednesday I decided that this is probably going to be one of the most random blogs out there . . . It'll probably have everything on here!! (Except for fashion lol because I don't have it :))
I thought of this because after cooking dinner on Wednesday I decided to blog about some of my great Gluten-Free dinners out there for everyone's enjoyment.  And this one turned out LOOKING amazing!
All of the credit for my skills in making great food go to my Mom for teaching me to cook just like her.
Here are some pictures of my Orange Marmalade Pork Loins with fresh salad (lettuce, scallions, tomatoes, and spinach), and fresh strawberries!
 Oh and that's scallions on top of the pork loins

Yummy! It turned out wonderful!! Moydie loved it!
Here's the recipe!
Ingredients:
1/3 cup Gluten Free soy sauce 
 1/3 cup orange marmalade (we always add more to make is sweeter)
1/3 cup honey
1 Tbsp plus 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
1 lb pork tenderloin
2 scallions, thinly sliced (optional
Directions:
In a plastic bag mix the soy sauce, marmalade, honey, rice wine vinegar, and red pepper flakes together.  Marinate the pork tenderloin for a minimum of 1 hour in the glaze.
Heat the grill to 350°F or medium. Put on the tenderloin. Grill 8 minutes on one side (check at 6 minutes), depending on size of pork loin. Then flip it, baste it. Grill another 6-10 minutes. Start checking with a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat, at about 6 minutes on the second side. Cook until internal temperature reaches 140°F. Remove from heat.
If you have let the temp get above 140°F, you may need to slice the pork immediately or the meat will continue to cook as it rests and become overcooked. If you have taken it out in time, let the pork rest 10 minutes. Serve with rice.
Serves 3-4 (or two if you are both athletes lol)

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This looks DELICIOUS! I love eating gluten free, it makes me feel so good! I will have to try this! Thanks Linds! :)

    ReplyDelete