Monday, June 25, 2012

Mt. Timp Awesomeness!!!

I love the mountains . . . everything about the mountains . . . the green, the altitude, the sky above, yeah, it's awesome.  I'm definitely a mountain girl. 
This last weekend we hiked up Mt. Timp and it was so refreshing and awesome! Usually during this month, Mt. Timp is still covered in snow, but sadly this year, we had hardly any snow, so we were able to hike all the way to Emerald Lake with no problems at all! We wanted to go to the summit, but the whole way up the people coming down would tell us it's too risky to go all the way to the top because it's basically still a glacier and if you slid down, you would slide down about a mile into Emerald Lake before you stopped.  Yeah, no thanks.  I choose life.  (Lol name that movie). 
We had so much fun amid all the stinging nettle and of course amid the company of my studly husband Moydie and our friend Sam.  Crazily enough, there was even a Yamaha dirt bike that came down the trail and almost killed us.  Yeah, um, not safe.  Here are some pictures . . .
 Here's me in Emerald Lake
 Moydie and I on the trail :)
Sam, Moydie, and I in front of one of many waterfalls!!
And here's the favorite :)

No comments:

Post a Comment