Friday, June 15, 2012

Dutch Apple Pie (Gluten-Free, of course!)

On the 13th of this month, it was Moydie and my 10 month anniversary!!! Wahoo!! I don't know why I was so excited about it, but I was :) It was probably because I had a secret I was keeping from Moydie . . .

Ever since I met Moydie he would rave and talk about his favorite dessert:  Dutch Apple Pie.  One thing you have to know is that Moydie can't just snap his fingers and there it is.  Moydie is gluten-intolerant.  So . . . baked goods are hard to come by without wheat.  Anyways, ever since I met him I wanted to make him gluten-free stuff.  But I never actually did until we started dating.  I would bake him bread and cookies and even strawberry shortcake stuff.  All gluten-free.  But sadly, I never made him Dutch Apple Pie.  Whenever he would bring up how much he wanted Dutch Apple Pie, I would just feel so bad inside very well knowing that he wasn't trying to make me feel bad, but he just loves it this much.  It was especially bad at Christmas time . . .

This whole time, I'm thinking "Why don't I make him this pie?"  Well, I think part of it was because I thought it would be hard and require crazy ingredients and the other part was because I wasn't that fond of pie like he was.  I mean, I like pie, but I love brownies and chocolate more.  

So I figured 10 months of being married to this stud was way too long to keep him waiting for his most favorite dessert of all time. So, I found a recipe that didn't seem too hard and I only had to grab more apples to make it! Easy right?! I thought so!  And at the end of making the pie, I still thought that this was super easy to make!




This is the pie before the delicious crumbly stuff on top.  (It already looks so good!)

Here's with the cinnamon and sugar and crazy good crumbly stuff on top.

And here's the masterpiece!!! :)

Now I was super pumped to see his face when he came through the door after work.  And oh my goodness it was the priceless look of the century!! He smelled it before he saw it and when he saw it . . . dang it was good :) I had even made some homemade ice cream to go with it because he had told me countless times that hot Dutch Apple Pie with cold vanilla ice cream is the only way to go.  Needless to say, we had a great night! :)


Gotta love this picture! Yep, he loves me!




2 comments:

  1. My wife never makes me dutch apple pie...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw . . . Poor Piggy :( It's ok, I'll talk to her for you :) Lol :)

      Delete