Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Father's Day Surprise!

Father's Day was coming up and I had no idea what I wanted to get my Dad.  He seriously has everything a man could want.  So I kept thinking and last Monday I got the idea, "Hey! Why don't we go see my Dad?!"  I got thinking more about it and I suddenly missed him sooo much! Yep, I wanted to see my Daddy! So I talked to Moydie and on Tuesday we finalized our decision and on Friday after work we were on our way! All the way to Alamosa . . .
I had talked to my Mom on Tuesday when we made our decision just to make sure it was ok . . . and of course it was!  It was going to be a great surprise for my Dad!
So we left Spanish Fork at 4:15pm and we arrived in Alamosa around 2:30 am lol :)
We had gotten a little bit sidetracked along the way . . . We stopped in Grand Junction for dinner at Chick-fil-A where the huge cow scared the crap outta me and then when we were about an hour and a half away, Moydie and I got way tired, so we pulled over and took a 2 hour nap lol (we were supposed to arrive around 1 to Alamosa).  Luckily, my Mom had gone to bed after making our bed (isn't she amazing?!) and we finally arrived ready crawl into it. 
The next morning, Mom woke us up for morning prayer and we hid around the corner of the hallway to surprise Dad when he walked by.  Oh my goodness! You should have seen his face! The first words out of his mouth were "What are you doing here?!" Lol it was priceless!! :) 
The rest of Saturday was spent watching my crazy sister Emily play in her summer basketball tournament.  They played at 9am, then 11am, and then in the championship game at 1pm.  Needless to say, both the teams in the championship game were exhausted.  But they played really well!! My sister is an incoming freshman in high school and she's playing Varsity :) Here's some pictures . . .







Here's my Dad taking some shots in between the games :)


Here are my lovely parents!

Here's my Dad and I :)

Here's Moydie and Little Brother aka Evan :)

And here's us ;)


3 comments:

  1. AW you made me jealous. :/ but i will see them on SATURDAY!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are happy you decided to go to Alamoso. We can play in the San Rafael another time. Tell Martin & Lorna "Hi" from us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I didn't even realize you had a blog until I went to check on Misty's, and there you are! I am so glad- it will help me feel filled in on what's going on in your life. I am glad to hear Alamosa was fun. There is nothing quite like going home. Mom had filled us in about the spider horror story on the Moab trip. EEWWW! And Little Wild Horse Canyon was awesome! So glad you guys told us about it!

    ReplyDelete