Monday, June 25, 2012

Bountiful Baskets!!!!

When we went down to Alamosa for Father's Day, my mother told us about this great organization Bountiful Baskets!!! You pay less than 20 dollars for two baskets full of fruits and vegetables!! What?! That seems way too good to be true! But no :)  It is true as true can be.  So Moydie and I tried it this month . . .
Our total came out to $19.50 and we got . . . .



Two spaghetti squash, one cantalope, lots of plantains, lots of white nectarines . . . 


A bag of potatoes . . .


A huge thing of lettuce, celery, two tomatoes, and two onions . .  . 
And . . . 
A thing of blueberries!!! (I don't have a picture of the blueberries because they somehow disappeared after I got my hands on them :))
Cool, huh?! We thought so!! So, if you want to get this great deal you have to do three things . . . 
1. Go to bountifulbaskets.org
2.  Pay some money.
3.  Volunteer at the picking up sites every once in awhile. (There are sites all over the country!! And maybe the world . . . :))
The reason why you get all this great food for so cheap is because this whole organization is volunteer based . . .no employees!
And not to mention that fresh fruits and vegetables are super healthy for you and this way you get your healthiness for way cheaper than at the grocery store!!

1 comment:

  1. That is SO cool! I will have to check this out. I am such a fruit and veggie lover, I think I have to do this! :)

    ReplyDelete