Monday, October 15, 2012

BYU Cross Country Season 2012 So Far

 I Love Moydie!

This cross country season has been unlike any other! It's my fourth year being on the team, but since I've been injured a ton, this is my third cross country season.  

My first race was the BYU Autumn Classic on Sept. 14th and it was a great home opener!  I placed 4th in a sea of about 60 girls and I was BYU's first runner!! I was so happy and it felt great to race!  The course was a 3 mile course (just short of a 5K) and my time was 17:23.  Not bad.  
 This is one of my favorite pictures from the Autumn Classic

My second race was in Toledo that next weekend.  I placed 32nd in a sea of about 172 girls and I was BYU's third runner.  Natalie Shields was first and I was .4 sec behind Michaelanne Laurent, our second runner.  This course was a 4K and I ran it in 13:57.  My Mom and grandparents and cousin were able to come, too!! It was so fun to see them!!
 Here's all of us before the Toledo race.  You see those bright yellow calf sleeves?! Yeah, they're cool and this was the first time we got to wear them and we wore them at each race after, too!

My third race was just barely this last Friday, the day before Moydie's Tough Mudder.  Yeah, crazy huh?  I took off on a plane immediately after my race on Friday, so I could be there for Moydie's race.  This last race was in Wisconsin!! Wahoo!! The last time I was there, I was racing in December and it was frigid cold.  Luckily, it's not like that yet and the weather was perfect! We raced on a cross country course that was made especially for cross country.  It was amazing! And this race was a 6K (3.75 mi), yeah, it was long.
The night before our race, we ate out as a team . . .
 This is Mary.  She is the BEST TRAINER EVER! It's because of her that I'm not injured this season.  I love her!
 I LOVE MY DAD!! He Came To The Race!! It was so fun for him to be there with me.
Here's me and Coach Shane.  He is the BEST COACH EVER!!! I love him to death!

On Friday, we raced at 12 pm sharp.  And it was so long, but so fun!! The course was fun and perfect and the race was crazy!! There were about 350 girls in this race and they were all the top girls on their team.  There were 49 team in this race.  Crazy, huh?  I finished in 147th place with a time of 21:04 and I was third again for our team: behind Natalie and Michaelanne.  

I am so thankful to be healthy and running well.  I love to run and to help our team do the best we can.  

Our next race is CONFERENCE!!! It's gonna be in Portland on Oct. 27th and Moydie's going to be able to come!! Wahoo!! 

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your season Lindsey! You are such a good runner, so proud of you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary!! :) I hope all is going well with you!! :)

      Delete
  2. Lindsey! You're an incredible athlete, and wicked fast! I'm so glad your season is going great this year :) And thanks for commenting on my blog! I miss you too, and was way happy to hear about your running. One of these Sundays we need to get together and catch up, if Sundays are good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shauna!! Thanks girl!! Yeah, we do need to catch up on stuff, but I don't know when!! Maybe Sunday would work . . . Usually they're booked with stuff though :(

      Delete