Sunday, June 23, 2013

Relay for Life Band Gig

My husband is the lead guitarist for the band The Compilations.  (Look them up on facebook!)  The band has been together for over two years and we are finally super busy with gigs! 
This Relay for Life gig was on the 21st of this month and it was a blast! Mainly because I got to sing a song! Both of our female musicians are on maternity leave and on Tuesday before the gig, the boys asked me to sing Taylor Swift's "You Belong With Me" and it was awesome! They decided to have me sing it at the show! 
I was stoked! Moydie and I practiced it a lot before the gig because I had no desire to make the band look bad. 
Before the show, Moydie and I went to the car show!! He is in love with Jeeps and we will get one someday . . .
 
The gig went great!! I slipped up a tiny bit in the song, but Moydie didn't notice so I consider it not a mistake.  Our male singer had a friend come with her nieces and one of them is madly in love with Taylor Swift.  She screamed a high-pitched scream when she found out I would be singing that song.  She was part of the reason I was hardly nervous . . .How could you be with a little spunky girl dancing and singing in the front row giving you the biggest smile?!
Here's a sweet video of my husband rocking out on the guitar that night . . .

Isn't he handsome?! 
I love to sing, but since high school I haven't done that much instructional singing.  Because of my love for music and my obsession with Glee and wanting to be like Rachel, I signed up for private voice lessons for next Fall Semester at BYU hoping to come out of my singing shell and improve one of my talents.  















No comments:

Post a Comment